Videos disappear depending on Unity editor cam position

Hey y’all,
I loaded a series of videos into a Unity scene, but they disappear when the camera is pointed directly at them. They remain visible only when they are not center frame of the editor window, but when they just vanish. I think the videos are culled when they are in the path of the camera frustum, yet I can’t say that for certain. Any ideas on what could be causing this? (Screengrabs below)

(Visible)

(Invisible)

-Steve

Hi @SteveHorwath

This is an issue with Depthkit Core’s Mesh Bounds not being positioned correctly in relationship to the clip’s actual rendering geometry, which then causes it to get frustum-culled inappropriately and disappear. You can see the Mesh Bounds position when you enable Gizmos and observe the green bounding box associated with the clips’ Collider component.

You can work around this by moving the origin to the subject in relationship to the bounds. This can be accomplished this two ways:

• In the metadata, change the boundsCenter.z value to the distance in meters that you want the origin be offset. The Depthkit example Autumn clip should have a value of 2.18890738487244 by default.

• Parent the Depthkit object to an empty object, and use the Transform component of the Depthkit object to dial in the offset. Then apply any position/rotation changes to the parent.

We anticipate to address this issue in future releases of Depthkit Core. Hope this workaround helps for the time being!

Hi James,
I’ll give this a shot and see it helps. Thank you for your quick response! Glad to hear you guys are on top of this.

1 Like