Workflow with multiple clips in same sequence

I’m trying to figure out the workflow for a sequence having multiple clips edited together.
Not able to merge all the clips in a single depthkit clip, I have to assign different shader and vfx for each clip.
I have the problem that some of my VFX looks (only the first and second one work) linked to my Depthkit clip + shader don’t get their link (DataWidth and DataHeight don’t get their values).
I tried to duplicate my vfx looks and it did not solve the problem.

I tried that kind of script to be able to change the depthkit source during runtime but it’s not working. There must be some kind of initialisation when it starts.

namespace Depthkit
{
    public class depthkit_clip_switch : MonoBehaviour
    {

public Clip[] depthkitClip;
        public int selectDepthclip=0;
        int selectDepthkitClipPrev = -1;

void Start()
        {
        }

void Update()
        {
            if (selectDepthclip!=selectDepthkitClipPrev)
            {
                selectDepthkitClipPrev = selectDepthclip;
                GetComponent<Depthkit.StudioVFXLook>().depthkitClip = depthkitClip[selectDepthclip];
            }
        }
    }
}

Hi @Julien-RobertLegault

Excited to see you building out an advanced workflow with multiple clips and VFX looks! Sorry to hear you are running into issues.

We have definitely done this before. I recommend using the Timeline for sequences, as opposed to trying to swap clips out from a script.

Let me see if the Scatter team and I can create an example project in the next few days to provide a recommendation on the best way to do this.

Thanks @James for the reply.

Yes I use Timeline for my sequence. It’s just not useful when you want the same VFX look on multiple clips because you then need to use different gameobject each time making the workflow really heavy (active-desactivate each of them, when you want to change parameters you have to copy them to all the gameobjects, etc).

Further more, the option to bind a VFX look to a Depthkit on another object (that latter using Shader for example) doesn’t seem to work with more than 2 clips in a sequence Multiple VFX look linked to same video player [SOLVED] - #7 by Julien-RobertLegault