As soon as recording begins, depthkit (trial ver.) throws an error

Hi Community!

I need your help. I am new to Depthkit. I recently received Azure Kinect and wanted to play with Depthkit. I am currently using trial version of it. The software runs perfectly. But whenever I click on record, it throws me an error informing that cannot create a video.

I also see this constantly:
2020-06-16 14:41:40.327 ERROR [17388] [Depthkit::DepthSensorStage::onSensorEvent@249] Depth frame dropped. Delta: 66666
and it keeps going on and on.

What it could be? Any help is welcomed.

With kind regards,
Akbar

It seems I have found the solution to the problem. I did the following:

• Uninstalled the DepthKit software.
  • Updated all required drivers for my computer (Acer A515)
  • Installed the DepthKit anew

To prevent appearance of low performance warning followed https://docs.depthkit.tv/docs/verify-computer-performance, i.e.:

• Uncheked “Use GPU accelerated video encoder” in settings
  • Changed the screen resolution to a much smaller.

Now it works perfectly. The only comment - I would be grateful if DepthKit support team could be more active in forum and troubleshoot the problems as soon as they are reported. I believe this software has a bright future.

2 Likes

Hi @AkbarSultanov, greatest apologies about the delay in response! If you run into any other issues, especially urgent ones, feel free to email me directly at support@depthkit.tv. You are also welcome to tag me in a post here in the forums for immediate support.
So glad you resolved the issue and I’ll be standing by if you need anything else!