Deptkit Clip + Studio Built-In Look to RenderTexture in Unity

Hi, I have the Depthkit Clip + Studio Built-In Look prefab in my Unity scene. The clip is playing perfectly well in the editor. I am trying to render the scene to a RenderTexture. I created a RenderTexture asset and dragged it onto the camera’s Target Texture field. However, the Dephtkit clip does not appear on the rendered texture. I have a 3D model in the scene too and that does appear on the RenderTexture. Could anyone suggest why this may be happening? Would it be an incompatibility between the shader that is being used on the Depthkit prefab and the RenderTexture settings? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, @BryanDunphy - Thanks for sharing, and sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue.

We have previously been able to render Depthkit assets to Render Textures, like in our Depthkit Holoportation tutorial (see the section titled ‘Outputting the Unity scene’).

Can you share any more details about your project which can help us narrow down the issue? Which render pipeline are you using? Which Unity version? Which platform are you deploying to?

[edited with more questions]

Hi @CoryAllen, many thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delayed response. I just looked through the Holoportation tutorial and noticed that URP or HDRP are used when rendering the scene to a render texture. This may be the issue as I am currently using the built-in pipeline.

So, in answer to your questions:

• I am using the built-in pipeline
  • Unity version 2021.3
  • Deploying on Windows desktop

@BryanDunphy - Thanks for the info.

To rule out any issues with 2021, have you tried this in 2020?

I threw together a quick scene in a Built-in RP 2020 project, and the Depthkit object is showing up in the Render Texture:

This is with a secondary camera rendering to the render texture.

This is with the Main Camera rendering to the render texture.

Can you share a bit more about how you have the camera and render texture set up?