Kinect Calibration and Depthkit?

Hi there, is there a way to calibrate kinect and/or depthkit ?
I feel like optical flow is a bit misaligned with depthmap.

thanks

Hey Julien, are you running into this when you are capturing subjects that are moving quickly? If so, you will want to make sure your capture area is well lit. This will prevent the Kinect from capturing in low lighting mode, which causes the fps to drop to 15 instead of 30 fps for capture. Read more about low light mode.

I didn’t mean that but I’m interested and I didn’t know about the low light.
If I increase the light it comes very fast overexposed (which is weird)

We have to check that.

No about calibration, I probably meant “refinement mask”
we don’t use that and I actually doesn’t really know "which frame to extract“ for this. I have to re read it.
Not sure I’ll have time to do that as we have to shoot a lot in short amount of time.
Especially, I have to know if I have to do the refinement mask for each capture.

Feel free to check out the refinement mask documentation here. Otherwise, let me know if you want to jump on a screen share so we can make sure we are talking about the same concept. I think I’m still misunderstanding your goal here. Let me know if you might have time for a quick chat. :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks a lot for your proposition. we are completely inside the captures, so I’ll dig this properly later. I think this is the thing to do in my case

1 Like