Masking Questions

Hi There,

I’m fairly new to depthkit, I have a few questions regarding masking and refinement.

I’m using a Kinect 2 and looking to capture and mask just using the RGB feed straight from the kinect. It seems external camera calibration is a legacy feature being updated for the studio release if I understand correctly?

I understand completely how to create a mask in After Effects, I’ve been doing this kind of work for years, but the documentation dose not detail where to either find the full 1080p RGB feed from the Kinect or how to calibrate a second camera to line up the depth feed with. Am I missing something here?

Any Help Appreciated.

Hey Jack! Thanks for this note. Our documentation is always growing and I will be sure to clarify these points.

You can find the RGB sensor video in your Depthkit project located in your take folder as seen below:

Once you’ve identified the take you want to work on, the RGB sensor video is under Project\TAKE_07_08_10_46_14_sensor\sensor01 as pictured below.

As for camera calibration, this is a feature that is currently being redesigned to offer a more robust and user friendly calibration system. This will be coming very soon and we look forward to keeping you updated in the coming weeks! If you have an urgent need for the feature, don’t hesitate to reach out to support@depthkit.tv with your project needs and timeline.