Trying to get footage into After Effects - how?

Hi there.
We are a small team trying to make a music video and we have the Depthkit Pro subscription. We want to record volumetric video with the Kinect and get the footage/data into After Effects to combine it with live action footage that we 3D track. However, we can only get the recording from Depthkit into Unity, which is more game and VR oriented than for making video. We have been searching for days on how to get the video sequences out of Unity.

We would feel comfortable doing it the other way around since we haven’t got the slightest idea on how to 3D track our 2D live action in Unity, or how to combine it with the Depthkit footage in Unity. Let alone the fact that Unity isn’t really suited to editing videos from the first place.

I hope there’s someone out there who’s able to help.

Hey Thor! Here to help! My apologies about the delay in response. For the moment, Depthkit exports are optimized for Unity, however, other export formats are in the works! Let me ping you directly to get a better understanding of your needs and if we can find a solution for you quickly.