[RESOLVED] iOS 17 Unity AR Error

Hi,

I’m getting various runtime errors when using the Unity plugin with iOS 17 and Xcode 15 when playing a Depthkit Studio player in AR.

-[MTLDebugRenderCommandEncoder validateCommonDrawErrors:]:5775: failed assertion `Draw Errors Validation
Vertex Function(xlatMtlMain): missing buffer binding at index 2 for _TriangleBuffer[0].
Vertex Function(xlatMtlMain): missing buffer binding at index 3 for _TrianglesCount[0].
'
Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Caused GPU Address Fault Error (0000000b:kIOGPUCommandBufferCallbackErrorPageFault)
Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Ignored (for causing prior/excessive GPU errors) (00000004:kIOGPUCommandBufferCallbackErrorSubmissionsIgnored)

Any ideas?

@ZackerayDove I haven’t seen these errors before, but I have passed this to my technical team, and will let you know what we find.

Great thanks @CoryAllen - let me know if there’s an update!

Hey @CoryAllen any news on this?

@ZackerayDove Apologies for the delay on this. Testing for iOS 17 is on our list, but right now we are prioritizing integration of the latest generation of sensors into Depthkit. Testing the Depthkit SDK in the new version of iOS will come immediately after.

In the meantime, you should still be able to target your builds to iOS 16, and they should be able to load on iOS 17 devices.

I’ll let you know when I have a sense of release schedule.

Hey @ZackerayDove,

I’m taking a look into this issue but I have not been able to reproduce it. I’ve built a simple AR app using Unity 2020.3 (following this guide) and the Depthkit Unity Packages Phase 9. I set the iOS deployment target to iOS 17, and I am testing on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

The scene I made following the tutorial linked above instantiates a Depthkit object via a prefab, which is typical for AR apps where the user can place an object.

Note I also tested this using Unity 2022.3 but it still worked there as well.

Can you let me know how your setup differs from this if at all? Ideally if you could also provide a minimum reproducible project, or steps to reproduce that would be very helpful in tracking down the issue.

Marking this thread as closed, as the newest version of the Depthkit Expansion Packages for Unity (Phase 10) have been successfully tested in iOS version 17 and Unity version 2022.