Trouble in properly playing depthkit clip in AR on mobile

Hi,
I am using depthkit.core and depthkit.studio packages in an AR template app. I am able to play the depthclip in AR on andriod mobile but the detection of the plane is not proper. The performance is also not good. I am not able to move around the 3D, to rotate or scale.
I am attaching the video link so that you can see what’s the problem.

Please share some sample unity project to play the depthclip in AR on andriod mobile.

depthkit clip in AR

Hi @EasiofySolutions

For playback on Android, we recommend the Studio Lite renderer which has higher performance.

Encode the captures at 2048x2048 or lower resolution - if lower ensure the resolution is divisible by 16 to avoid further artifacts

The video you show seems to be using the Core renderer, please make sure your Unity component is using Studio Lite renderer components, or Studio components. Visualizing a Studio clip with Core renderer will result in all the jagged artifacts that you see there.

I also note a lot of green floor at the base of your capture. I believe we have shared the 0.7.0 Pre-release with you. This new version does not require greenscreen, and allows you to segment the floor prior to exporting the capture. Exports from 0.7.0 are also treated to work much better with the Studio Lite renderer.

I am not sure about the AR placement issue, this seems to be a problem with where the asset is set in the Unity AR template rather than a specific issue with Depthkit. I recommend getting the performance and quality to look good first, then address the placement issue.

Hope this helps, Let us know how it goes!

I was trying the studio lite renderer as suggested by depthkit in AR template in unity. But I get this error: UnassignedReferenceException: The variable volumeViewpoint of StudioLiteMeshSource has not been assigned.
You probably need to assign the volumeViewpoint variable of the StudioLiteMeshSource script in the inspector

Hi @EasiofySolutions

I was able to recreate the error you found if I delete the main camera from the scene. Does your scene have a camera to reference? Can you describe more about the template you are using?

See my screenshot and trace below. Note this clip was displaying fine until I deleted the main camera

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable volumeViewpoint of StudioLiteMeshSource has not been assigned.
You probably need to assign the volumeViewpoint variable of the StudioLiteMeshSource script in the inspector.
UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at <913bb12059fd4cef8da5cc94ad2f0933>:0)

When we create a new project in unity, we select AR to create a new project. Screenshot is attached. The scene has a AR Camera which is a child of AR session origin as shown in the screenshots

I am also sharing the unity project linkhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1riqUcO5Lla_DNrSbKZfNaEwjGaDkYzRJ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the thorough instructions to reproduce the issue. We’ll take a look and get back to you ASAP!

Thanks for your continuous support. Right now we are in wait state for the update of this bug, can you please share date by when this can be fixed?

1 Like

Hi @EasiofySolutions
So sorry for the delay. I was able to recreate this issue, and address it in the following way:

• Select the AR Camera under AR Session Origin
  • In the Inspector, tag the AR Camera with Main Camera
  • Hit Play and the script should pick up the Main camera now to display your capture and resolve the error

I have not attempted building this to device, so please let me know if you encounter issues doing so

Please let us know if this works for you. Best