[RESOLVED] Missing PreFab Packages in Unity Depthkit Core Expansion Phase 10

Hi guys,

Trying to import the Depthkit Core VFX graph prefabs into Unity, but they are not provided in the download package Phase 10 on Depthkit :: Downloads.

The whole ‘Sample’ folder is missing from ‘depthkit.core.visualeffectgraph’. Where can I find the PreFabs now?

Best,
Jochem

Hi, @JochemMessmer - Thanks for flagging this. We will look into it to fix the prefabs in the next patch.

In the meantime, you can workaround this by quickly constructing a Depthkit Core VFX asset from scratch by doing the following:

• Create an empty game object.
  • Add the ‘Depthkit Clip’ component.
  • Add the ‘Depthkit Core Visual Effects Look’ component. This will pull in all of the components that the look is dependent on, as well as the Example Visual Effects Graph Look which is included in the prefab.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Cory,

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately it isn’t working yet. After doing what you said I have the following problems in no particular order:

• The VFX demo’s are not working, I can see them in the list, but while using the play() and stop() buttons I don’t see anything happening.

• Value of name ‘DataHeight’ was not found

• I’m not allowed to make my own VFX looks under Create → Visual Effects → Depthkit VFX Look. No warnings on screen.

• In the Inspector under ‘Depthkit Core Visual Effect Graph Look’ the option ‘Script’ is greyed out. I cannot even choose an selfmade VFX Look if I could make one anyway.

How to fix this? :slight_smile: Thanks for your patience, I’m new to Unity/Depthkit/Volumetric Video in general. I have more screenshots, but I’m not allowed to post them as a new forum user.

Thanks!

@JochemMessmer I was able to construct a Depthkit Core Visual Effects Look object with the above steps.

Can you confirm the following:

• Which version of Unity you are using - In the above screenshot, you can see I am using the latest version of Unity 2022 LTS.
  • That your project uses either the Universal Render Pipeline (URP) or High-Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP). Unity’s Built-in Render Pipeline doesn’t support the Visual Effects Graph, which is required for the Depthkit Visual Effects looks, so either of the scriptable render pipelines are required.

Apologies on the single-image per post constraint. If it helps, feel free to share a cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox) link with more screenshots / screen recordings to share more about the issue. I’ll keep an eye out.

Hi Cory,

Thanks again. Turning on the URP Pipeline did the trick, don’t know how I missed that. Thanks again!

Best,
Jochem