[RESOLVED] When I'm using depthkit, I want to record audio synchronously, but I don't know how to do it

When I’m using depthkit, I want to record audio synchronously, but I don’t know how to do it. When I went to look at the documentation, the documentation just told me how to blend the audio and video, and I needed to align the starting position myself. Does this tell me that I need to record the audio myself with third-party software and then blend it? Or does depthkit provide the ability to record audio simultaneously, which I didn’t find?

@MarkChen, we recommend that you record audio using a separate computer with 3rd-party software, or a standalone recorder, to prevent issues with performance caused by having your Depthkit capture PC running multiple processes at once.

This approach, known generally as double-system recording, requires a sync reference point captured in both the Depthkit capture and the audio recording. This can be achieved with a slate, or by having your subject clap after you begin recording.

To combine the Depthkit capture with your audio recording, you can use two methods:

Non-Linear Editor - This method is more user-friendly, but might distort Depthkit Studio captures.

• Export a Combined-per-Pixel (CPP) video from Depthkit.
  • Import the CPP video and your audio recording into a video editing application like Adobe Premiere.
  • Add both the CPP video and audio recording to a timeline which has the exact same resolution and framerate as the original CPP.
  • Move and trim the audio recording on the timeline so that it is in sync with the Depthkit clip.
  • Export the video with embedded audio as an H.264 MP4, making sure to preserve the original resolution and framerate.

Mux with FFMPEG - This method is more advanced, but preserves the quality and accuracy of the depth data.

• Export a Combined-per-Pixel (CPP) video from Depthkit.
  • Use audio editing software to trim your audio recording to match the start and end time of your Depthkit clip.
  • Use FFMPEG to mux the two files together, which produces an unchanged video stream with embedded audio.

With either method, the resulting CPP video file with embedded audio can be brought into Unity with the original metadata and poster frame to for playback with audio.

OK,I got it。111111111